If you are one of the thousands of couples who got engaged over the holidays, congratulations! Now that you are ready to start planning your Sarasota wedding, you’ll need to secure the venue, choose the dresses, narrow down the guest list, and sample the menu – there are so many decisions to be made! You’ll also have to choose a wedding date, which may sound easier than it is! You will have to work around schedules and location availability, as well as travel considerations if you are bringing people in from out of town.
As you work your way through the possible dates, the expert planners at Beneva Weddings thought we could assist by sharing a few dates that may be problematic in the long run. We have seen our share of beautiful Sarasota wedding celebrations, and we have learned a few things in the process.
* Don’t Make Them Choose – Planning a wedding on a date which is already booked by family members – such as a graduation celebration or anniversary party – may force hard decisions and hurt feelings. You don’t want to put your family in that position.
* Consider the Holiday Rush – Holiday weekends may appear to be perfect for a wedding, as they offer an extra day for travel and celebration. In Sarasota, however, you will have to consider the crowds, holiday traffic, and lack of hotel availability – all unavoidable in a destination location.
* Respect your Mother and Father – Mother’s and Father’s Day both fall on Sundays every year. Although the weather is sure to be perfect, you’ll want to decide if your parents and guests will mind sharing their day.
* Religious Exemptions – Unless you are confident of the religious convictions of all of your guests, Easter Sunday, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur- all of which occur on weekends in 2017 – are likely not the best dates.
* Compting with the Game – Superbowl Sunday and March Madness both take place over the weekend and sports fanatics (especially if one is the groom) may have a rough time dealing with the conflict. If you are planning on holding rehearsal dinners and other events throughout the wedding weekend, the sports fans in your party may be glued to their phones.
When it comes down to it, your wedding day should be held on a date that works for you. But planning with your guests in mind will help you to have the day you’ve dreamed of, surrounded by all your favorite people.
When you want to plan the very best Sarasota wedding, your first call should be to Beneva Weddings. We have been recognized as #1 in Sarasota by both the Peoples Choice Awards and Sarasota Magazine – for the past 17 years! Sarasota is a special place to hold a wedding – and Beneva Flowers has the expertise and experience you’ll need to make it gorgeous.
No comments yet.