Halfway through the year, the wedding community has seen some predictions regarding the hottest trends play out – and others fizzle out. But with 6 months of wedding days behind us, we can observe what is truly hot with couples. According to the wedding site theknot.com, here are just a few of the many 2017 wedding trends that have taken hold.
* Color is Trending – After years of pastels and neutrals, we are seeing a return to vibrant colors. The Pantone color of the year is Greenery, and we have been seeing a lot of the shade.
* Unconventional Gifts – Many couples have no use for fine china or a blender, and are now asking for gifts they will really use. You may be given the opportunity to help pay for the honeymoon, donate to a charity, or contribute to cooking classes.
* Mingling During Dinner – Formal sit-down dinners are rapidly being replaced by food trucks, interactive food stations, or food bars. If couples still want a meal around the table, family style meals are growing in popularity.
* Back to Nature – Some choose outdoor weddings, while others bring the outdoors in, with lots of wood, stone, wildflowers and greenery being popular in venue decor.
* Hanging Around – Accents hanging from the ceiling are all the rage, such as garlands of flowers flowing down over the dance floor, or strings of low wattage lights suspended to form a curtain.
* Mix it Up – Whether a wedding ceremony in the round or waiters delivering champagne as guests await the ceremony, couples are playing with expectations and traditions for unexpected twists.
Intrigued? Check out even more 2017 wedding trends on theknot.com (and while you are there, check out our reviews!) If you are planning your big day, stop into Beneva Flowers to discuss how we can make your Sarasota wedding spectacular.