This year’s wedding trends are wonderfully diverse, signaling a further trend towards less tradition. More and more, brides and grooms are looking for ways to set themselves apart, and to create memorable aspects of the wedding that are unconventional and surprising. At Beneva Flowers, we love working on unique and unexpected Sarasota wedding decor. According to Bride’s Magazine, here are a few trends to look for:
* All-white weddings are giving way to colorful palettes
* Props, hanging centerpieces, and creative lighting are all popular.
* Dramatic and over-the-top guest welcomes, such as using circus performers, are becoming more common
* Destination weddings are still hot, but unexpected locales such as Iceland are becoming popular wedding sites.
* When filling soaring vertical spaces, look for suspended florals and lighting elements “floating in space.”
* Organically-inspired florals are natural, green, and a little wild – as opposed to manicured and idealized.
* Engaging guests with games, creative ice-breakers or whimsical food stations (such as sundae bars) encourage
a laid-back vibe, eschewing the formality of a traditional wedding.
* Brides are getting married in elegant gowns and changing to a more comfortable dress for the party. Increasingly,
designers are creating gowns that can “quick change”, usually by removing an overskirt.
* Rather than formal sit down dinners, couples are opting for an endless supply of food through food stations and
Wedding trends come and go. But whether you opt for the latest craze – or choose to follow old-school tradition – you can be sure that the expert wedding planners at Beneva Flowers will do everything we can to make your wedding day incredible. Choose your venue, pick your dresses – then come visit us. We help make your vision come to life, your way.